The Ministry of Defence and the Republic of Sierra Leone Armed Forces announce, with great sadness, the death of eight military personnel and four relatives after a gruesome road accident that occurred at about 3:00pm on Monday, 1st October, 2018 along Spur Road in Freetown.
The following are the deceased military personnel:
1. RSLAF 18168659 Warrant Officer Class 2 Ivan Pratt
2. RSLAF 18162650 Sergeant Tamba Morphy Kamara
3. RSLAF 18165009 Sergeant John Parson Turay
4. RSLAF 18168675 Lance Corporal Abdul Karim Sesay
5. RSLAF 18178536 Lance Corporal Lamin Samura
6. RSLAF 18183174 Private James Conteh
7. RSLAF 18183203 Private Mohamed Marah
8. RSLAF 18183224 Private Michael Ngaiwa
The four (4) relatives include:
1. Ibrahim Conteh
2. Alie Bangura
3. Kelfala Kargbo
4. Mohamed Koroma
An Inter-Faith Funeral Service will be conducted at 11:00am on Tuesday, 9 October, 2018 at Hockey Pitch in Wilberforce Barracks in honor of the faithfully departed military comrades and relatives after which all the deceased will be laid to rest at the Military War Graves along Regent Road at Lumley.